Liberty Ridge Farm and Country Store promotes a sustainable community through our commitment to local food and agriculture. Pick your own blueberries at Liberty Ridge Farm begins July 10th (weather permitting). Blueberry picking takes place from 7am -12pm daily.
Our acres of blueberry fields are located adjacent to the parking lot, on the right as you pull onto the Farm.
Read below for some blueberry picking tips before you head out! Liberty Ridge wants you to have a wonderful U-Pick experience.
Blueberry Picking Tips
- Stay Protected. – It is sunny! Be sure to bring water, wear a hat, and apply (and re-apply!) plenty of sunscreen. In addition, wear clothes that you don’t mind getting a stained with a little blueberry juice!
- BYOB – Bring Your Own Bucket. Liberty Ridge Farm provides buckets for blueberry picking, but many blueberry pickers like their own bucket for transporting berries home. In addition, it’s handy to have a smaller bucket for picking and a larger bucket to your berries into when it gets heavy.
- BYOB #2 – Bring Your Own Belt. Attaching your blueberry picking bucket to your belt keeps it in a convenient spot. Since you don’t have to carry the bucket, now you can blueberry pick with both hands!
- Stay Put. – Find a blueberry bush with plenty of ripe blueberries and stick with it until it has been picked clean. It is amazing just how many blueberries are found on one blueberry bush! This saves energy for more blueberry picking by not moving around a lot. As a result, you’ll leave other bushes in better condition for fellow blueberry pickers.
- Dont Be Afraid. – Many new blueberry pickers just pick the berries from the very front of the bush. Often, the best clusters of plump, ripe blueberries are on the undersides of branches.
- Please Be Gentle. – We have found the best way to pick berries is to roll the blueberries between the thumb and the palm of your hand. The ripe blueberries will easily fall off!
- Most Importantly…Have FUN. – Blueberry picking is a relaxing way to spend time with friends, family, and children. In addition, it is a choice you can feel healthy about – all while supporting a local Farm! Did you know blueberries are rated amongst the highest foods in Antioxidants?
Not interested in U-Pick?
Liberty Ridge Farm has freshly picked blueberries for sale in the Country Store for those who want to purchase berries but are not interested in picking their own. Liberty Ridge Farm is also a partner of the Mechanicville Farmers’ Market. Stop by, say hello, and pick up some freshly picked blueberries!
We hope to see you on the Farm!