Blueberry desserts taste so much better when you know the berries were hand-picked by YOU! Liberty Ridge Farm is open for blueberry picking every day from 8am – 12pm. We found this great recipe for Lemon-Blueberry Pound Cake on tasteofhome.com. The sweetness of the blueberries pairs great with lemon’s tartness. That makes this dessert a Farm House Classic for the summer!
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened blueberries
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) lemon yogurt
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour a 10-in. fluted tube pan. In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until blended. Add eggs and egg white, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in lemon peel and vanilla.
- Toss blueberries with 2 tablespoons flour. In another bowl, mix the remaining flour with baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with yogurt, beating after each addition just until combined. Fold in blueberry mixture.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan. Bake 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to wire rack; cool completely.
- In a small bowl, mix confectioners’ sugar and lemon juice until smooth. Drizzle over cake.
Did you try baking this with Liberty Ridge Farm’s blueberries? Let us know what you think! email@example.com.
To get more information on U-Pick and pre-picked blueberries at Liberty Ridge Farm, please see this page.