Liberty Ridge Farm’s blueberries are in peak season! The bushes are just overflowing with the bluest of blueberries – waiting for you and your family to stop out and pick some!
So, what are you going to do with all the blueberries you pick? We found this great blueberry recipe from blueberrygrowers.org that we thought was such a tasty idea! Read on to see the recipe below:
- 1 loaf (14 ounces) egg challah or other white bread
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, divided
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 1-½ cups milk
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Remove crusts from bread
- Cut in 1-inch cubes (makes about 10 cups)
- Cut cream cheese in small cubes (makes about 1 cup)
- Grease 9-x-9-2-inch baking dish
- Place half of the bread cubes in the dish
- Scatter cream cheese cubes and 1 cup of blueberries over the bread
- Top with remaining bread cubes and blueberries
- In a bowl, combine eggs, milk, maple syrup and butter
- Carefully pour over bread mixture
- Bake until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, about 1 hour, covering with aluminum foil if edges brown too much
- To serve, cut in squares
- Accompany with additional maple syrup, if desired
Did you try making this? Do you have any fun variations? We’d love to hear! Let us know at email@example.com.
For Liberty Ridge Farm U-Pick Hours and Blueberry Information click here.