It’s that time of the year again when you start looking forward to warmer weather and planning your summer camp activities. Not far from anywhere, Liberty Ridge Farm in Schaghticoke is the perfect place to grow imaginations. One adventure you can’t miss out on is Upstate NY’s largest cornfield maze and exploring Brad’s Barnyard full of activities for all ages. Liberty Ridge Farm in Schaghticoke is the perfect place to work off some energy and exercise the imagination.
Summer Camp Farm Adventures begin July 22nd through August 26th and are offered every Wednesday. Your group will enjoy three hours on the farm at $9.50 per camper, with no admission charge for staff. Picnic tables and shaded areas are available for everyone to enjoy their lunches. A farm fresh option is picking ½ pint of the freshest blueberries to take home for additional $2.50 Or planning a blueberry project at camp? Then pick by the pound.
- Corn Maze
- Silver Mine Chute
- Farm Animals
- Fort Hunter
- Corn Hole
- Pumpkin Vine 500
- Seedling 350
- Bee Barn
- Miss Moo’s Musical Revue
- Rop’in & Swing’in
- Li’l Farmersville
- Hill Billy Band
- Giant Gerbil Wheel
Have your campers bring a bagged lunch, or offer our Farm Hand lunch to your campers for an additional $5.50. The Farm Hand Lunch includes a grilled hot dog, bag of chips, a bottle of water and our own freshly picked blueberries. Lunch is served at the “Barnyard Grill” and at the time you specify when placing your order. The “Barnyard Grill” also offers, beverages, individual Farm Hand lunches and snacks.
To place your reservation, call the Farm at (518) 664-1515
Now in our 14th season, Liberty Ridge Farm continues to provide a valuable resource to students and teachers with our – on the farm educational adventure.
Creating fun and exciting lessons throughout the farm to meet NYS learning standards for Pre K-5th graders, the farm prides itself in offering the best school field trip for the fall. Our well organized day will provide you with the ability to enjoy the day right along with your students.
• Educational Center – four cottages, each featuring a specific interactive learning station. Topics include grains, soil, dairy and fiber.
• Bee Barn presents an observational bee hive, a gallery of photos and displays plus a video illustrating the pollination process.
• Shows – held through out the day. Hillbilly band, Pig Racing, Musical Revue & Pumpkin Cannon. A little lesson in every show!
• Lil’ Farmersville – a pre-school favorite designed to be developmentally appropriate farm play for children 6 and under.
• Adventure Corn Maze -Liberty Ridge Farm has entertained students for 13 Seasons, coming up with new and exciting corn maze designs that delight hearts and minds. The 2012 maze will focus on American pride as we cut the cornfield maze in a all new design.
• Brad’s Barnyard hosts over 20 activities for body and mind that implement hand/eye coordination and exercise. New from 2011 the Jumping Pillow!
• Farm Animals – our own menagerie for students to observe and socialize with chickens, sheep, goats, llamas, donkeys, rabbits and horses.
• Pumpkin Picking & Trolley Ride – everyone takes home a pumpkin. The trolley takes you on a scenic tour of the farm & along the banks of the Hoosic River to the school pumpkin patch. The Farm provides a nice plastic bag for each person to carry their pumpkin home in.
Located through-out the farm, our new information stations, offer itinerary suggestions, maps of activities and show schedule. Never been to the farm before? Have a realistic look, when you visit our Interactive map here
This all inclusive three hour on the Farm agricultural learning adventure is $9 for students and parental chaperones. Faculty and school staff are admitted at no charge. The Farm provides seating for 250 people in the lunch tent and there’ plenty time to eat your bagged lunch. The Farmhouse Kitchen offers a scrumptious lunch menu in the Gifford Barn.
Or call us directly, 518-664-1515 M-F.
You can get your trip all put together and get back to doing what you do best: Building America’s Future. We’ll see you on the farm!
It’s So Easy To Book Your Trip: Teachers can simply call us to book a reservation. Scheduled FALL SEASON field trips are offered during September and October.