Press Release For Immediate Release
Liberty Ridge Farm Opens Fall Season with Annual Sweet Corn Fest
Gifford Family Kicks-off 11th Season of Family Fun September 9/18 & 19
Schaghticoke, NY, September 13, 2010. Liberty Ridge Farm, home of the Capital Region’s original and largest cornfield maze, will open its Fall Festival of Agricultural Adventure with its Annual Gifford Barn Sweet Corn Fest. The Sweet Corn Fest, a celebration of locally grown corn featuring grilled corn-on-the cob, flavored butters, corn chowder, corn-in-a-cup, and all things corny, will be held Saturday and Sunday, September 18 & 19.
“We are kicking off our 11th season of family fun with our favorite festival, the Sweet Corn Fest,” said Cynthia Gifford, owner of Liberty Ridge Farm, “and then we continue our Fall Festival of growing memories on the farm right through to our season ending Veterans Day Celebration.”
The Gifford Barn Sweet Corn Celebration features corn husking and corn-on-the-cob eating contests, face painting by Magic Brushes, and Farmer Bruce strolling the grounds with balloon artistry, tricks and jokes! Plus kids get to learn the difference between sweet corn and feed corn as they explore the Gifford Barn Corn Maze.
The Liberty Ridge Fall Festival of Agricultural Adventure, featuring the Gifford Barn Corn Maze, begins September 18h and runs through November 11th. Special events include:
- Opening Weekend Gifford Barn Corn Fest, 9/18-19, celebrating locally grown sweet corn and 11 years of family fun at Liberty Ridge Farms.
- All About Scouts, 10/2-3, special pricing and the Liberty Ridge Farm “I Conquered the MAiZE” patch for active Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts.
- The Harvest Haunted Attraction, Fridays and Saturdays in October are frightful with special admission to the Farmers Haunted House, his Forest of Fear, and The Spooky Corn Maze.
- Family Farm Olympics 10/9-11 Columbus Day Weekend, old fashion games, competitions and prizes for all the family and Special Sunday Night Haunt.
- Liberty Ridge Farm Pumpkin Fest, 10/16-17, Pumpkins galore with pumpkin painting, pumpkin pies, pumpkin soup and pumping pickin’ just in time for Halloween.
- Season Ending Special – Veterans Day 11/11 – Vets Admission Free – Weather permitting the Gifford Family will end the 2010 Festival Season with special day for Veterans.
The Liberty Ridge Farm Fall Festival season with the Gifford Barn Corn Maze opens September 18 and will run through early November 11. Opening every day at 10am, the 2010 season at Liberty Ridge Farm will close on Veterans Day November 11th, with free admission that day for all U.S. Veterans. All family members will receive a $1 admission Military Family Discount.
General admission is only $9.50 per person, with children 2 and under free. New this year is a Special Mid-Week $8.50 admission price Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursdays. Liberty Ridge Farm is offering Pricing Specials to seniors and grandparents 70 & over with 1$ off every admission, and a Military Personnel family discount with $1 off per person admission to families with Military I.D.
Friday and Saturday’s in October features The Harvest Haunted Attraction at Liberty Ridge Farm, when the farm hand Corn Stalkers rise from the dead to provide special admission thrills in the spooky corn maze Field of Screams only for those brave enough to journey through The Farmer’s Haunted House and his Forest of Fear. The Harvest Haunted Attraction opens at 7pm, with $15.00 special admission.
Liberty Ridge Farm, we grow memories. Liberty Ridge Farm is an agricultural tourism destination and working farm on the historic Hoosic River. The Gifford Family hosts a Fall Festival featuring the Capital Region’s original cornfield maze, Brad’s Barnyard of family fun adventure and special events. The Fall Season begins September 18th and runs through November 11th. The Farm is available for Educational Field Trips, Company Picnics and Special Events. Liberty Ridge Farm, 29 Bevis Road, Schaghticoke, NY. For information, visit www.LibertyRidgeFarmNY.com or call 518-664-1515. Follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/libertyridgefarm, and Twitter at Twitter.com/libertyridge .